Laptop is the best and very comfortable device for mobile use. All parts of the desktop computer are integrated into a single device for ease of use. Laptop is widely used for communication purposes by business professionals, scholars, students. Eventhough Laptop is best in comfort, mobile, light weight, cheap and smaller size, it also has some disadvantages. Desktop computers can tolerate rough use and it withstands with most of the troubles. But laptop is sensitive due to its light weight. Light weight made keyboard, touchpad( alternate for mouse), monitor / screen everything as slim as possible. This creates problem during rough handling. Here are the common laptop problems faced by most of users.
- Dropped Laptop
- Feels too hot
- Battery will not charge
- Less battery life
- Low Battery in less time
- Speed Problems
- Stuck with no pointer
- Memory full
- Immediate Shutdown
- Screen problems
- Keyboard problems
- Dropped laptop can be fixed by servicing if the problem is not severe.
- If laptop feels hot while using, allow it to get enough air flow through ventilation ports. Try using the laptop with ventilation i.e., not on flat surface. Allow Laptop to cool if its too hot and if working time is more.
- Check cooling efficiency
- Clean the laptop, dust may block air flow.
- If its getting too hot check CPU usage and close process
- Battery may stop charging even if laptop is plugged-in/ Shows low battery within less usage time are common and this may need Battery replacement
- Clean Laptop by cloth or cotton with some cleaning solution/warm water (should not spray directly)
- Speed problems are rectified by removing or postponing some processes using more CPU usage.
- Screen may stuck in some cases and even the mouse pointer wont work. This may be solved by pressing ctrl+alt+del keys and deleting the current running applications.
- Memory full problem can be solved by deleting some unwanted files or by using external memory.
- Sometimes Immediate shutdown may happen due to some internal files. If its worked properly after restart, there is no problem. If it happens most of the time, it may due to bug softwares. Try to Uninstall Bug softwares.
- Screen problems like scratches or breakage may damage screen look. This can be rectified only by laptop service.
- Keyboard problems are the most common problem for all laptop users. This may include key break or spills on keyboard. Clean the keyboard carefully without breaking keys. If dirt is not that much, clean with soft cloth smoothly. If there is more dirt/spill, clean it with some solution/water carefully. Check if power is OFF and not plugged in. Broken keys can be replaced from any of this following links by choosing the laptop brand and key model: