Today i started a first step in developing an android application. In this post, i am giving you the basic idea to start developing android app. I’m going to post all the experiences facing while developing the app. Hope all my problems and errors and how i rectified those will help for other new developers like me. Before starting, i have downloaded Android SDK, JDK 1.7 and Eclipse to my laptop.
As a newbie, i faced lots of problems while downloading too. Thus, i posted an article for other newbies to easily follow these steps.
After installing SDK, Download the latest SDK tools and platforms using the SDK Manager. After Downloading and installing all these softwares, i started testing it from some simple codes.
But i faced error while doing this testing.
[ ] Failed to install New app.apk on device ‘emulator-5554′: timeout
[ ] Launch canceled!
I googled and found that, i should set a path in Environment variables as android-sdk\platform-tools and android-sdk\tools.
But, where to find Environment Variables ??
- Goto -> Control panel -> System -> Advanced system settings -> Environment variables.
- Find Class path and double click it.
- Change the variable value as “android-sdk\platform-tools;android-sdk\tools”.
Then restart the eclipse and click Run.
Now, Problem is solved and my program runs without error.
What if you have Windows 7.?
The Environment Variables in windows 7 is available Here.
- Goto -> Start -> computer -> right-click and choose properties
- Find Advanced system settings in left side bar.
- Click it and find Environment Variables Button.
- Click and find CLASS PATH under System variables.
- Double click it and change the variable value as “android-sdk\platform-tools;android-sdk\tools”.